130-21 - Francesville Salem Township Public Library bid request
The Library Board of the Francesville Salem Township Public Library is requesting a bid to replace the EIFS Cornice at the perimeter of the building. Plans/Sketches of the proposed work (Building Section and Building Footprint) are available for review via emailed PDFs or at the Library during regular library hours. Prospective bidders are encouraged to visit the site and review the required work on the building prior to bidding. Basic requirements to include:
1. Remove existing Cornice from the entire perimeter of the building. Cornice is approximately 16” x 42” and attached to the brick facade below the parapet cap, resembling a large plate rail. Cornice occurs on the west, south and east sides of the building.
2. Measure the old cornice prior to removal. New cornice to match the material, dimensions and style of the existing cornice.
3. Add a 1/4:12 slope to the top.
4. Cap the top with white aluminum flashing with a 3/4” drip edge at the front. Create a reglet for the cap flashing. Anchor the cap flashing in the brick and caulk with 100% silicone caulk.
5. Finish and seal the new cornice.
6. New cornice shall have a minimum 10 year manufacturer’s warranty and one year labor warranty..
7. Remove and dispose of all waste and debris associated with work on a daily basis. Removal from the site shall be at contractor’s expense.
8. Contractor shall be responsible for all applicable licensing and permits.
Bids to be delivered to the Library administrator at the Francesville Salem Township Public Library, 201 West Montgomery Street, Francesville, IN 47946, no later than 6:00 pm, August 10, 2021. Bids shall be opened publicly at the Library Board meeting during their regular meeting at 6:30 pm, August 10, 2021 and taken under advisement. Bids shall be awarded to the lowest responsible, qualified bidder. The Library Board meeting is open to the public.
130-21 G 07/28