Copyright ©2021 by Pulaski County Press. All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law. For permission requests, write to the publisher, addressed “Attention: Permissions Coordinator,” at PO Box 19, Winamac, IN 46996
Friday, Oct. 22
• Antiques and Collectibles Show and Sale, Fulton County Historical Society Museum, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., U.S. 31 & CR 375 N., Rochester.
• Fish and shrimp, 4-7 p.m., VFW Post 1728, 1066 S. U.S. 35, Winamac.
Saturday, Oct. 23
• Antiques and Collectibles Show and Sale, Fulton County Historical Society Museum, 9 a.m.-4 p.m., U.S. 31 & CR 375 N., Rochester.
Sunday, Oct. 24
• Open bowling, Country Lanes Bowling Alley, 3-8 p.m., Old U.S. 31, Rochester.
Tuesday, Oct. 26
• Open bowling, Country Lanes Bowling Alley, noon-4 p.m., Old U.S. 31, Rochester.
Wednesday, Oct. 27
• Online auction of productive farmland, woods, and potential building site in eight tracts, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., online at www.halderman.com, by Halderman Real Estate and Farm Management.
• Open bowling, Country Lanes Bowling Alley, 3:00 p.m.-8:30 p.m., Old U.S. 31, Rochester, $3 a game with shoe rental.
Wednesday, Oct. 27 - Thursday, Nov. 4
• Musch online only auction, Olson Auctions, olsonauctions.hibid.com, tractors, trailers, tillage, harvest, livestock and hay, equipment, vehicles, mowers, lawn and garden, misc.
Thursday, Oct. 28
• Annual country craft bazaar, Star City United Methodist Church, 4:30 p.m.
• Annual chicken and pie and ham loaf supper, Star City United Methodist Church, 5-7 p.m.
• Human trafficking training, Pulaski Memorial Hospital, 6-8 p.m., Bethel Bible Church.
• Open bowling, Country Lanes Bowling Alley, 6:00 p.m.-9:30 p.m., Old U.S. 31, Rochester.
Friday, Oct. 29
• Pick up active files needed from Alan F. Hizer, attorney, before his office closes. Call 574-946-6868 for more information.
• Open bowling, Country Lanes Bowling Alley, 3-10 p.m., Old U.S. 31, Rochester.
• Frog legs, Winamac VFW Post 1728, 1066 S. U.S. 35, Winamac, 4-7 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 30
• Halloween Ghostbuster Breakfast, Winamac VFW Post 1728, 1066 S. U.S. 35, Winamac, $5 breakfast
• Halloween Party, Winamac VFW Post 1728, 1066 S. U.S. 35, Winamac.
• Musch online only auction inspection day, Olson Auctions, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. CST, 9150 W. 1400 N., Demotte.
• Open bowling, Country Lanes Bowling Alley, 2-10 p.m., Old U.S. 31, Rochester. Rock city starts at 10:30 p.m.
Sunday, Oct. 31
• Rogers auction, 11 a.m., Rogers Auction House, 119 S. Chicago St., Royal Center.
• Halloween party, P.J. Gilsinger and Co., 1-4 p.m., 5641 S. Main St. (Pulaski), Winamac, Ventriloquist, Beth Sutton-Cummins, at 2 p.m.
Friday, Nov. 5
• Musch online only auction buyer pickup, Olson Auctions, 2 p.m.-5 p.m. CST, 9150 W. 1400 N., Demotte.
Saturday, Nov. 6
• Musch online only auction buyer pickup, Olson Auctions, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. CST, 9150 W. 1400 N., Demotte.
Wednesday, Nov. 10
• Property taxes due for fall installment, Pulaski County property owners, pay in person from 8 a.m.-4 p.m., send in coupons with payment and include phone number - accepting postmark and self addressed stamped envelope for receipts, bring your coupons with you to the bank and provide a SASE with payment for a receipt, pay online at paygov.us with property numbers and amounts. Your card will be charged a 2.5% fee. Any questions, please contact Pulaski County Treasurer’s Office at 574-946-3632
• Free estate planning workshop, 6-8 p.m., by Winamac lawyer Tim Murray. Call 574-946-7819 to RSVP.
Monday & Tuesday, Nov. 15-16
• Top quality land auction online only, bid at
www.bradncommercialrealestate.auction, hosted by auctioneer Brad Neihouser.
Tuesday, Nov. 16
• The Pulaski County Sheriff’s Office will be testing the county emergency siren system at 7 p.m.
• Purdue Extension Pulaski County is offering a variety of classes, including basic or intermediate Excel, basic or intermediate Word, Publisher and more. Call 574-946-3412 to register for more information.
• Starke/Pulaski Habitat for Humanity needs volunteers to help on a new home at 709 S. West St., Winamac. Work will continue on Wednesdays and Saturdays, 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
• Pulaski County Human Services Food Pantry hours are 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday by curbside pickup. Call 574-946-6500 to schedule pickup or come to 115 W. Pearl St., Winamac, and ring the bell.
• Contact Pulaski County Human Services at 574-946-6500 to take part in the energy assistance, rent or other assistance programs. Applications are available.
• Retire your flag with honor by bringing it to Rans Funeral Homes & Crematory chapels in Royal Center, Kewanna and Logansport. Your flag will honor a veteran by being draped across them at the time of cremation.
• Winamac Nazarene Church Neighbor to Neighbor Compassionate Ministries food pantry is open, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. every Monday, at 514 E. 13th St., Winamac, west of the PMH ER entrance. Bring a box or laundry basket, wear a mask and wait in your vehicle. The phone number is 574-946-7637.
• Register your child to receive one free book a month from birth to their fifth birthday from Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library by signing up online at www.imaginationlibrary.com. Call the Pulaski County Public Library at 574-946-3432 with any questions. Want to help support at a local level? Mail your donation check to Arrowhead RC&D, PO Box 196, Winamac, IN 46996.
• Contact the Pulaski County Health Department at 574-946-6080 or email email@example.com for information on receiving your free Narcan kit, while supplies last.
• Kewanna-Union Township Public Library has new lobby hours. Computer access and print services are available. New hours are Tuesday and Wednesday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m., Thursday 10 a.m.-8 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Free Wi-Fi is available 24/7.
• Find out if your child qualifies for the high-quality pre-K program On My Way Pre-K by calling 1-800-299-1627 or visiting www.onmywayprek.org.
• The Winamac Volunteer Fire Department is looking for volunteers to serve on the fire department. Applications can be picked up at the Winamac Town Hall, Clerk-Treasurer’s Office, 120 W. Main St., Winamac.
• Monterey Town Council meetings will be held the second Tuesday of each month at 7 p.m. at 7033 N. Walnut St., Monterey.
• For more information about Alcoholics Anonymous call 574-242-2262 or 574-946-0389 or for more information about Al-Anon call 574-242-1604 or 574-270-0129.
• If you have served active duty in the United States Armed Forces since Dec. 7, 1941, and have been honorably discharged or are still serving, you are eligible for membership in the American Legion. If interested, call 574-242-0836.
• The Pulaski County Drug Free Council meets the second Wednesday of each month at 4 p.m. at Bethel Bible Church, 6968 W. SR 14, Winamac. The public is encouraged to attend. For more information, visit www.facebook.com/pulaskidrugfree.
• REACT is looking for new volunteers. Meetings are held the first Monday of the month at the Pulaski Memorial Hospital boardroom at 7 p.m. For more information call Blake Newman at 574-242-0091 or Les Barton at 574-946-7539.
• The Friends of Tippecanoe River State Park group meets the second Tuesday of every month at 6:30 p.m. at the state park.
• North Central Indiana Quail Forever meets the first Tuesday of each month at Poblanos in Winamac from 7-8 p.m.
• The Pulaski County Soil and Water Conservation District meets on the second Tuesday of each month at 8 p.m. in the break room of the USDA Service Center.
What’s going on at the Kewanna-Union Township Public Library?
• Adult book club at 2 p.m. on the second Tuesday of the month.
• Library board meeting on the last Monday of each month at 6 p.m.
• Teens N Tweens at 4 p.m. on Tuesdays.
• Back to the Past with local historian Bob Clyde on the fourth Thursday of the month, 11 a.m.
• Homeschoolers at the library held every third Thursday at 2 p.m.
• Euchre Night every Thursday from 5:30-8 p.m.
• Second Saturday Coloring Circle at 1 p.m.
• Story time the last Saturday of the month beginning at 1 p.m.
• Game On on the fourth Tuesday of the month from 4-5 p.m.