129-21 - Francesville Salem Township Public Library bid request
The Library Board of the Francesville Salem Township Public Library is requesting a bid to replace the EPDM roof membrane at the perimeter of the building. Plans/Sketches of the proposed work (Building Section and Building Footprint) are available for review via emailed PDFs or at the Library during regular library hours. Prospective bidders are encouraged to visit the site and review the required work on the building prior to bidding. Basic requirements to include:
1. Remove existing EPDM membrane roof from the entire perimeter of the building.
2. Inspect existing insulation and remove/replace any wet or damaged areas.
3. Lift bottom course of metal shingles for installation of new membrane roofing to be installed.
4. Install a new 1/4” primed cover board over existing insulation.
5. Adhere new FiberTite (or equal) membrane roofing over the cover board.
6. Terminate the flashings and heat weld seams to ensure a water tight seal on the roof.
7. Fabricate and install a slip metal to go under the first course of metal shingles around the entire perimeter of the roof area.
8. Remove and dispose of all waste and debris associated with work on a daily basis. Removal from the site shall be at contractor’s expense.
9. New roofing material shall have a minimum 20 year manufacturer’s warranty and one year labor warranty.
10. Patch metal shingle roof in 2 area where HVAC vent stacks were removed from roof.
11. Replace existing exposed/rusted fasteners as needed on ridges in metal shingle roof. (Approximately 20)
12. Contractor shall be responsible for all applicable licensing and permits.
Bids to be delivered to the Library administrator at the Francesville Salem Township Public Library, 201 West Montgomery Street, Francesville, IN 47946, no later than 6:00 pm, August 10, 2021. Bids shall be opened publicly at the Library Board meeting during their regular meeting at 6:30 pm, August 10, 2021 and taken under advisement. Bids shall be awarded to the lowest responsible, qualified bidder. The Library Board meeting is open to the public.
129-21 G 07/28