NORTH JUDSON SAN PIERRE SUPERINTENDENT'S CONTRACT
Notice of Public Hearing on May 9, 2016 6:00 p.m.
Administration Building 801 Campbell
North Judson, IN 46366
On May 9, 2016 at 6:00 p.m. at Administration Building, 801 Campbell, North Judson, IN 46366, the Board of School Trustees of the North Judson-San Pierre School Corporation will meet to hear support for and/or objections to the proposed Superintendent’s contract. A summary of the proposed contract is as follows:
• The Superintendent’s salary shall be as follows
July 1, 2016 – June 30, 2017 $99,700
July 1, 2017 – June 30, 2018 $102,000
July 1, 2018 – June 30, 2019 $102,000
• Contract term. July 1, 2016 to June 30, 2019, a work year of 240 days with annual entitlement of 20 vacation days per year, 3 personal days per year, 10 holidays per year and 10 annual sick days per year.
• Health insurance. The Superintendent will be eligible to participate in the group insurance plans. The School Corporation pays the entire health insurance premium except $500.00. The amount will be $21,108.00 per year. The cost of Superintendent’s dental and vision insurance shall be $1,224.00
• Life Insurance. The School Corporation provides a term life insurance policy for the Superintendent with the face value of $100,000.00 at a cost to the Board of $131.00 per year.
• Disability Insurance. The School Corporation provides disability insurance at a cost of $3,689.00 per year.
• Indiana Teacher’s Retirement Fund. The School Corporation pays the Superintendent the statutorily required contribution in the amount of $10,469.00 per year.
• Annuity. The School Corporation shall contribute to an annuity on behalf of Superintendent in the amount of 2.5% of the Superintendent’s salary. For the first year of this contract that amount shall be $2,493.00.
• Conferences. The School Corporation shall pay all reasonable expenses for the Superintendent to attend state and national conferences with prior Board approval.
• The Board shall be deemed to have extended the terms of the contract for an additional period of one (1) year unless prior to July 1, 2017 and July 1st of every year thereafter, the Board notifies the Superintendent that the Board does not intend to extend this contract for such additional one (1) year period.
• The Superintendent is required to direct her full-time attention to the business of the School Corporation and not to outside activities unless specifically approved by the Board of School Trustees.
• The School Corporation will defend, hold harmless and indemnify the Superintendent in legal actions involving incidents in which the Superintendent was legally acting within the scope of her employment.
The complete proposed contract of the Superintendent will be available on the North Judson-San Pierre School Corporation’s website and will be presented at the Public Hearing on May 9, 2016. After the hearing, the Board of School Trustees will consider the input and will place the proposed contract as an agenda item at the Public Board meeting on May 17, 2016 at 7:00 p.m.
BOARD OF SCHOOL TRUSTEES OF NORTH JUDSON SAN-PIERRE SCHOOL CORPORATION
090-16 G 04/27