173-19 - EPCSC Notice of public hearing for proposed superintendent contract
Notice of Public Hearing on October 21, 2019
Board Conference Room
715 School Drive
On October 21, 2019 at 5:30 p.m., the Board of School Trustees of the Eastern Pulaski Community School Corporation will meet to discuss and hear objections to and support for a proposed Superintendent contract. A summary of the proposed contract is as follows:
• Term: January 1, 2020 through June 30, 2022, which may be extended up to an additional five (5) years pursuant to Ind. Code § 20-28-8-6(b)(l) upon mutual agreement of the parties.
• Salary: January 1, 2020 - December 31, 2020 - $105,000.00; January 1, 2021 - December 31, 2021 -$107,500.00; January 1, 2022 - June 30, 2022 - $110,00.00 (or $55,000 pro-rated)
• Evaluation: The Board will evaluate the Superintendent annually.
• License: The Superintendent will obtain an Ed.S in May 2020 and thereafter will maintain a superintendent’s license. In the interim, the Superintendent will obtain an emergency superintendent’s license.
• Duties and responsibilities: The duties and responsibilities of the Superintendent are summarized.
• Board meetings: Superintendent attendance is required.
• Moving stipend: $5,000.00
• Annual work days: 260
• Leave days: Fifteen (15) vacation days per year; eight (8) paid holidays per year; three (3) personal days per year; 180 sick days at the commencement of each school year consistent with other administrators.
• Health insurance: Board pays all but $1.00. (Current annual cost: $23,160.00)
• Long term disability insurance: Board pays 100% of premium. (Current annual cost: $322.00)
• Term life insurance: Board provides term life insurance policy with a face value of $110,000. Board pays 100% of premium (current annual cost: $394.00).
• Vision and dental insurance: Board pays 100% of premium (current annual cost: $110.00)
• VEBA contribution: Board contributes $300 annually, subject to a 5 year vesting period.
• ISTRF Employee Contribution: The Board makes the Superintendent’s contribution to the Indiana State Teacher’s Retirement Fund, which his presently 3% of gross wages.
• Mileage: Business travel reimbursed at IRS rate.
• Cell phone for business: 100% paid by Board.
• Professional Associations: The Board pays the Superintendent’s expenses for memberships in the Indiana Association of Public School Superintendents, the Indiana Association of School Business Officials and other professional educational associations that are approved by the Board.
• Other Benefits: The Superintendent is granted all other benefits established by the Board for all other 12-month administrative employees of the School Corporation.
• Indemnification: The School Corporation will defend, hold harmless and indemnify the Superintendent in legal actions involving incidents in which the Superintendent was legally acting within the scope of employment.
• Goals and objectives: Superintendent is required to establish written goals and objectives.
• Termination: Early termination provisions in accordance with Indiana Code § 20-28-8-7.
• Additional expectations: Continue professional development and advancement of educational mission of school.
• General contract provisions: modification, binding effect, severability, waiver, governing law and venue, and equal drafting provisions.
The complete proposed contract of the Superintendent will be available on the Eastern Pulaski Community School Corporation’s website and will be presented at the October 21, 2019 public hearing.
173-19 G 10/09