Monday, Nov. 20
• Enjoy poetry, 10 a.m., at the Pulaski County Human Services Von Tobel Community Center at 115 W. Pearl St. in Winamac. Transportation is available. Call 574-946-6500 to make arrangements.
• Don’t miss Wii games, 10 a.m., at the Pulaski County Human Services West Side Community Center at 125 S. Railroad St. in Medaryville. Transportation is available. Call 219-843-5600 to make arrangements.
• Monday night bingo at VFW Post 1725, U.S. 35, Winamac. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. There will also be door prizes and pull tabs galore.
Tuesday, Nov. 21
• Play a round or two of euchre, 10 a.m., at the Pulaski County Human Services Von Tobel Community Center at 115 W. Pearl St. in Winamac. Transportation is available. Call 574-946-6500 to make arrangements.
• Don’t miss nutrition with the Purdue Extension Office, 11 a.m., at the Pulaski County Human Services West Side Community Center at 125 S. Railroad St. in Medaryville. Transportation is available. Call 219-843-5600 to make arrangements.
• Free and confidential post-traumatic stress disorder counseling session, 5:30 p.m., VFW Post 1728, U.S. 35, Winamac. These sessions are held the third Tuesday of each month.
Wednesday, Nov. 22
• Learn from health education with Hickory Creek, 10 a.m., and enjoy a Thanksgiving party with the Pulaski County Human Services West Side Community Center at 125 S. Railroad St. in Medaryville. Transportation is available. Call 219-843-5600 to make arrangements.
• Don’t miss the Thanksgiving party at the Pulaski County Human Services Von Tobel Community Center at 115 W. Pearl St. in Winamac. Transportation is available. Call 574-946-6500 to make arrangements.
• Kewanna-Union Township Public Library will remember veterans at 11 a.m.
• Early Gobbler Special of $10 unlimited bowling, 4-9 p.m., Country Lanes Bowling Alley, Old U.S. 31, Rochester.
• Black Wednesday celebration featuring Mainstage Karaoke, 8 p.m.-midnight, VFW Post 1728, U.S. 35, Winamac.
Thursday, Nov. 23
Friday, Nov. 24
• Black Friday Special of $10 unlimited bowling, noon-5 p.m., Country Lanes Bowling Alley, Old U.S. 31, Rochester.
• Frog legs, fish and shrimp served from 4-8 p.m., VFW Post 1728, U.S. 35, Winamac.
Saturday, Nov. 25
Small Business Saturday: Shop locally!
• Christmas craft and antique market, 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m. at the Rochester Meat & Deli Banquet Hall, 901 E. 9th St., Rochester. Hosted by The Primitive Post, It’s Good To Be Us and others.
• Mixed doubles pool tournament, 1 p.m., VFW Post 1728, U.S. 35, Winamac.
Monday, Nov. 27
Don’t miss Wii games, 10 a.m., at the Pulaski County Human Services West Side Community Center at 125 S. Railroad St. in Medaryville. Transportation is available. Call 219-843-5600 to make arrangements.
Copyright ©2017 by Pulaski County Press. All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law. For permission requests, write to the publisher, addressed “Attention: Permissions Coordinator,” at PO Box 19, Winamac, IN 46996.
• Photos from school and community Veterans Day programs are available online for viewing and purchase at www.pulaskijournal.com. Click on the photos link.
• WorkOne is accepting winter coats for infants to child’s medium only. Dropoff is at Winamac WorkOne Tuesday and Wednesday, 8 a.m. to noon and 1-4:30 p.m. Coats will be distributed on Nov. 28.
• All businesses in the county are invited to participate in a holiday lighting contest. Email the Pulaski County Chamber of Commerce at firstname.lastname@example.org if your business wants to participate. Judging Friday evening, Dec. 1.
• The Winamac Volunteer Fire Department is looking for volunteers to serve on the fire department. Applications can be picked up at the Winamac Town Hall, Clerk-Treasurer’s Office, 120 W. Main St., Winamac.
• Quilts of Valor for Pulaski County is underway. Donations are currently being accepted. Contact Michelle Schmicker at 574-595-0629 for more information.
• Seniors looking for something fun to do? Pulaski County Human Services Inc. has bunco the first Tuesday of each month; bingo the second Thursday; and grocery bingo the last Wednesday. Activities are always from noon-1 p.m. Call 574-946-6500 for more info.
• Pulaski Animal Center, in conjunction with Davis Veterinary Service PC and The Community Foundation of Pulaski County, offers reduced-price opportunities to spay, neuter or microchip your pet. For more information, visit www.pulaskianimalcenter.com.
• The hours of the Salvation Army’s Service Representative for Pulaski County are the first and second Mondays of each month, 9-11 a.m. at the Winamac Nazarene Church. Please enter through the ramp doors and proceed to the gym. Contact number: 574-933-1537.
• The Pulaski County Public Library is currently accepting donations for their Centennial Fundraising Campaign. Donate toward the next 100 years at www.cfopc.org or stop by the library at 121 S. Riverside Dr., Winamac.
• Head Start, offering free, quality preschool services at Winamac and West Central for children ages 3 to 5 years whose families financially qualify, fall enrollment is now taking place. Call 574-946-4211 to schedule your appointment.
• If you have the next grand or humble business idea but don’t know where to start, the Pulaski County Community Development Commission’s revolving loan fund may be able to help you. Contact executive director Nathan P. Origer at 574-946-3869 or at email@example.com for more information.
• The Pulaski County Health Department is conducting free lead screenings/hemoglobin testing for those students needing it to get into Head Start or anyone else needing to be tested. Please call 574-946-6080 for an appointment or for more information.
• Star City United Methodist Food Pantry is open 10-11 a.m. every third Saturday of the month for those who live in Pulaski County. Proper ID is required.
• REACT is looking for new volunteers. Meetings are held the first Monday of the month at the Pulaski Memorial Hospital boardroom at 7 p.m. For more information call Blake Newman at 574-242-0091 or Les Barton at 574-946-7539.
• The Pulaski Memorial Hospital Auxiliary meets the third Monday of each month at 1:30 p.m. in the hospital cafeteria, except the months of July and December.
• Monterey Town Council meetings will be held the second Tuesday of each month at 7 p.m. at 7033 N. Walnut St., Monterey.
• North Central Indiana Quail Forever meets the first Tuesday of each month at Poblanos in Winamac from 7-8 p.m.
• Pulaski County Retired Teachers meet for breakfast the first Thursday of each month at Kostas in Winamac at 8 a.m.
• Hickory Creek at Winamac is collecting pop tabs to support Shriners Hospitals for Children. Call 574-946-6143 to see how you or your organization can get involved.
• Pulaski Memorial Hospital’s OB department offers a free breast-feeding drop-in clinic for all mothers every Wednesday. This clinic is an opportunity to get questions answered by a certified lactation consultant or a lactation counselor. The clinic is available, 3:30-6:30 p.m., in the PMH lobby classroom. No appointment is necessary.
• Veterans, servicemen, National Guard or reserve personnel are eligible to join the American Legion Post 71. For information, call 574-946-0049.
• Purdue Extension Pulaski County is offering a variety of classes, including how to learn more with a tablet or iPad, getting started with computers, basic or intermediate Excel, basic or intermediate Word, Publisher, QuickBooks and Spanish. Certificates awarded upon completion. Call 574-946-3412 to register or for more information.
• The Pulaski County Sheriff’s Office is offering a free 911 education program to schools, preschools, churches and other groups to help people of all ages learn when to call 911, what to do when the operator answers, what questions the operator will ask and what people can do to make 911 calls more effective for them. Call the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Office at 574-946-6655 to schedule or for more information.
• Ladies Christian Women’s Club meets the first Tuesday of every month at 6:30 p.m. at the Nazarene Church, 516 E. 13th St., Winamac. Everyone is welcome. There is a different program each month. Contact Joyce at 574-946-6271 or Marilyn at 574-946-3041.
• Bethel Bible Church, Winamac, holds a weekly Family Night, featuring dinner, learning and fellowship, 5:30 p.m. on Wednesdays at the church.
• The Life Savior Club for students in grades kindergarten through 6 meets every Thursday evening from 6-7:30 p.m. at Calvary Baptist Church, 830 N. Market St., Winamac.
• The Friends of Tippecanoe River State Park group meets the second Tuesday of every month at 6:30 p.m. at the state park.
• The Sons of American Legion Post 96 in Medaryville meet the first Sunday of every month at 1 p.m.
• The VFW Post 1728 Men’s Auxiliary meets the first Wednesday of every month.
• The VFW Post 1728 Women’s Auxiliary meet the second Thursday of the month at 7 p.m.
• The VFW Post 1728 round-table meeting at 7 p.m. every fourth Thursday of the month.
• The legionnaires of Medaryville American Legion Post 96 meet at 2 p.m. on the first Sunday of the month.
• The Pulaski County Human Services Inc. Board meets the third Thursday of each month at 10:30 a.m. at 115 W. Pearl St. in Winamac.
• Pulaski County ABATE meets the second Sunday of each month at 5 p.m. at the Winamac Eagles. Call 574-225-2068 for more information.
• The Visually Impaired People, or VIP, group meets the second Tuesday of every month at 1 p.m. at the Von Tobel Community Center, 115 W. Pearl St., Winamac.
• For more information about Alcoholics Anonymous call 574-242-2262 or 574-946-0389 or for more information about Al-Anon call 574-242-1604 or 574-270-0129.
• The Pulaski County Soil and Water Conservation District meets on the second Tuesday of each month at 8 p.m. in the break room of the USDA Service Center.
• Good Samaritan Store, 519 W. Madison St., Winamac, is open every Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
What’s going on at the PCPL?
• Join other players in playing the collectible card game Magic: The Gathering every Thursday at 4 p.m.
• Together time is a program held Tuesday mornings at 10 and is for the youngest library patrons.
• Third Thursday programs at the West Side Center in Medaryville each month. Children are invited to the program at 5:15 p.m. All ages are welcome to attend the program at 6:30 p.m.
• Lego League every Monday at 4 p.m.
• Toddler Legos every Tuesday at 10:30 a.m.
• Story time every Saturday at 10 a.m.
• Learn how to download eBooks, audiobooks, magazines or music to a Nook, Kindle, iPad or other device. For more information call the library at 574-946-3432.
• The Pulaski County Public Library is now circulating Nooks. Visit the Winamac branch today to check out an eReader.
• Do you love music? Download five free music downloads weekly from the library website, www.pulaskicounty.lib.in.us, through Freegal, that provides access to more than 10,000 music labels from 65 different countries and includes more than 3 million songs from Sony Music’s catalog of legendary artists.
• If looking for a particular book and the library does not have it, ask about the interlibrary loan service. For more information call the library at 574-946-3432.
• Family Movie Night is every Tuesday at 4 p.m. Movies are appropriate for all ages of youth.
• Interactive video games are available every Friday. Xbox and Wii gaming systems are available for multiplayer video games that encourage social interaction. Children must have a completed permission form on file. For more information, please call the library at 574-946-3432.
• Join kids, youth and parents from the area as they play an exciting card game based on Pokémon! The league meets each Wednesday at 4 p.m. No experience is necessary, but come prepared to have a good time.
• Do you enjoy board games such as Monopoly, Checkers, or Candy Land? If so, we hope to see you at game night! It is held every Thursday at 4 p.m.
• The Pulaski County Public Library Teen Activity Board is where teens gather to offer suggestions and help to make PCPL a fun and exciting place for their peers. They also brainstorm ideas for upcoming events and programs. Meetings are held the second Tuesday of every month at 4 p.m.
• Genealogy help on Mondays 4-6 p.m. If a person is interested in their family history but are not sure where to start, this is the time and place to find out. For more information call the library at 574-946-3432.
• The second Friday of every month the PCPL in Winamac has a book club that meets at 2:30 p.m. For more information call the library at 574-946-3432.
• The Pulaski County Public Library has tutor rooms available for small group meetings, tutoring or quiet studying. These rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
What’s going on at the Kewanna-Union Township Public Library?
• Computer tech time is on the first and last Monday of the month 10 a.m. to noon.
• Library board meeting on the last Monday of each month at 6 p.m.
• Lego club meets every Tuesday and Friday from 4-5 p.m.
• GED (TASC) study table Thursdays from noon-1 p.m.
• Library board meeting at 6 p.m. on the last Monday of the month.
• Teens in Town (TNT) meeting Tuesdays at 4:30 p.m.
• Coffee group Wednesdays at 10:30 a.m.
• Good’s History Review on the second Wednesday at 4:30 p.m., and last Wednesday of the month at 11 a.m.
• Family bingo night on the second Wednesday of the month at 4 p.m.
• Family Game Night fourth Wednesday of the month at 4 p.m.
• Euchre night every Thursday from 5:30-8 p.m.
• Game day Saturdays from noon-3 p.m.
• Story time the last Saturday of the month beginning at noon.