Copyright ©2020 by Pulaski County Press. All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law. For permission requests, write to the publisher, addressed “Attention: Permissions Coordinator,” at PO Box 19, Winamac, IN 46996.
Thursday, Oct. 22
• Learn about the 400th anniversary of the Mayflower at 11 a.m. at the Kewanna-Union Township Public Library.
• Star City United Methodist Church annual chicken pie and ham loaf supper, serving 4:30-7 p.m., drive-through only, 2324 E. Main St., Star City.
• Pulaski County Tribe information meeting, 6 p.m., Pulaski County Highway Dept., to see what the group has been doing and ways to get involved.
Tuesday, Oct. 27
• Enjoy making a make-it take-it craft, 4 p.m., at the Kewanna-Union Township Public Library.
Thursday, Oct. 29
• Don’t miss Back to the Past by Bob, 11 a.m., at the Kewanna-Union Township Public Library.
Friday, Oct. 30
• Major Indiana land auction, 10 a.m., Rogers Event Center, 109 W. North St., Royal Center, by Schrader Real Estate and Auction Company Inc. Online bidding is available. Visit www.schraderauction.com for more information.
• VFW Post 1728, 1066 S. U.S. 35, Winamac, serving fish, shrimp and frog legs, 4-7 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 31
• Trick-or-treat hours are Medaryville and Francesville: 5-7 p.m., Monterey: 5:30-7 p.m.
• VFW Spooktacular Party, 5:30 p.m., featuring a costume contest, karaoke, food and drink specials and more, 1066 S. Monticello St., Winamac.
Friday, Nov. 6
• VFW benefit fish fry, serving 4-7 p.m., VFW Post 1728, 1066 S. U.S. 35, Winamac.
Sunday, Nov. 8
• The VFW’s annual veterans dinner is canceled this year.
• Purdue Extension Pulaski County is offering a variety of classes, including basic or intermediate Excel, basic or intermediate Word, Publisher and more. Call 574-946-3412 to register or for more information.
• October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Pulaski Memorial Hospital is offering discounted mammograms for the month of October. Call 574-946-2193 to schedule an appointment.
• The Community Baptist Youth Center is open every Monday at 3:30 p.m. at First Baptist Church, 716 S. Monticello St., Winamac, for teens to get together in a safe environment with friends for some fun.
• Contact the Pulaski County Health Department at 574-946-6080 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for information on receiving your free Narcan kit, while supplies last.
• The Pulaski County Public Library, Winamac, building is closed to the public but curbside delivery is available. Call 574-946-3432 for more information.
• Kewanna-Union Township Public Library has new lobby hours. Computer access and print services are available. New hours are Tuesday 10 a.m.-6 p.m., Thursday 10 a.m.-8 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Free Wi-Fi is available 24/7.
• Find out if your child qualifies for the high-quality pre-K program On My Way Pre-K by calling 1-800-299-1627 or visiting www.onmywayprek.org.
• Register your child to receive one free book a month from birth to their fifth birthday from Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library by signing up online at www.imaginationlibrary.com. Call the Pulaski County Public Library at 574-946-3432 with any questions.
• Retire your flag with honor by bringing it to Harrison-Metzger & Rans Funeral Home, chapels in Royal Center, Kewanna and Logansport. Your flag will honor a veteran by being draped across them at the time of cremation.
• If you have the next grand or humble business idea but don’t know where to start, the Pulaski County Community Development Commission’s revolving loan fund may be able to help you. Contact executive director Nathan P. Origer at 574-946-3869 or at email@example.com for more information.
• The Winamac Volunteer Fire Department is looking for volunteers to serve on the fire department. Applications can be picked up at the Winamac Town Hall, Clerk-Treasurer’s Office, 120 W. Main St., Winamac.
• Monterey Town Council meetings will be held the second Tuesday of each month at 7 p.m. at 7033 N. Walnut St., Monterey.
• For more information about Alcoholics Anonymous call 574-242-2262 or 574-946-0389 or for more information about Al-Anon call 574-242-1604 or 574-270-0129.
• If you have served active duty in the United States Armed Forces since Dec. 7, 1941, and have been honorably discharged or are still serving, you are eligible for membership in the American Legion. If interested, call 574-242-0836.
• The Pulaski County Drug Free Council meets the second Wednesday of each month at 4 p.m. at Bethel Bible Church, 6968 W. SR 14, Winamac. The public is encouraged to attend. For more information, visit www.facebook.com/pulaskidrugfree.
• The Cancer Support Group of Winamac meets the second Saturday of every month at the Isis Theatre in Winamac. Doors open at 9:30 a.m., meeting begins at 10 a.m. The group is free and open to anyone that has been affected by any cancer: current fighter, survivor, caregiver, family, friend. For more information, visit our Facebook page, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call or text 574-946-6966.
• REACT is looking for new volunteers. Meetings are held the first Monday of the month at the Pulaski Memorial Hospital boardroom at 7 p.m. For more information call Blake Newman at 574-242-0091 or Les Barton at 574-946-7539.
• The Friends of Tippecanoe River State Park group meets the second Tuesday of every month at 6:30 p.m. at the state park.
• North Central Indiana Quail Forever meets the first Tuesday of each month at Poblanos in Winamac from 7-8 p.m.
• The Pulaski County Soil and Water Conservation District meets on the second Tuesday of each month at 8 p.m. in the break room of the USDA Service Center.
What’s going on at the Kewanna-Union Township Public Library?
• Adult book club at 2 p.m. on the second Tuesday of the month.
• Library board meeting on the last Monday of each month at 6 p.m.
• Coffee and tea time every Thursday, 10:30 a.m.
• Homeschoolers at the library held every third Thursday at 2 p.m.
• Kids Night every Thursday, 4 p.m..
• Euchre night every Thursday from 5:30-8 p.m.
• Second Saturday Coloring Circle at 1 p.m.
• Story time the last Saturday of the month beginning at 1 p.m.