Copyright ©2021 by Pulaski County Press. All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law. For permission requests, write to the publisher, addressed “Attention: Permissions Coordinator,” at PO Box 19, Winamac, IN 46996.
• Walsh online Hibid auction by Olson Auctions Inc. For catalog, registration, bidding and terms, visit www.olsonauctions.hibid.com.
Wednesday, April 14
• Cleanup day of White Post Township cemeteries. Please have all items and decorations removed before this date.
• Miller’s Dept. Store, downtown Winamac, has extended hours, 6-8 p.m., for prom rentals.
Friday, April 16
• Country Lanes Bowling Alley, Old U.S. 31, Rochester, has open bowling, 3-10 p.m.
• Fish and shrimp, 4-7 p.m., VFW Post 1728, 1066 S. U.S. 35, Winamac.
• Buyer pickup of items won in the Walsh online Hibid auction by Olson Auctions Inc., 4-7 p.m., 6226 S. 750 W., Kewanna.
Saturday, April 17
• Post breakfast, 7-10 a.m., Italian beef 4-7 p.m., and the All American raffle at 7 p.m., VFW Post 1728, 1066 S. U.S. 35, Winamac.
• Buyer pickup of items won in the Walsh online Hibid auction by Olson Auctions Inc., 10 a.m.-noon, 6226 S. 750 W., Kewanna.
Sunday, April 18
• Public auction, 11 a.m., 119 S. Chicago St., Royal Center, by Rogers Auctions.
Tuesday, April 20
• The Pulaski County Sheriff’s Office will be testing the county emergency siren system at 10 a.m.
Thursday, April 22
Friday, April 23
• Deadline to submit your bid for the mowing of Denham Cemetery. Contact Deloris Locke at 219-843-3762.
Saturday, April 24
• Steak fry, 4-7 p.m., All American raffle drawing, 7 p.m., plus entertainment from Mike Almon and Mike Metzger, VFW Post 1728, 1066 S. U.S. 35, Winamac.
Friday, April 30
• Healey’s Home Center greenhouse, 800 N. U.S. 35, Winamac, will be stocked and open.
• VFW Post 1728, 1066 S. U.S. 35, Winamac, serving frog legs, 4-7 p.m.
Tuesday, May 18
• The Pulaski County Sheriff’s Office will be testing the county emergency siren system at 7 p.m.
• Eastern Pulaski Elementary School Kindergarten Registration is going on now. Children must be 5 years old on or before August 1. Call 574-946-3955 to enroll.
• Memorial Day is May 31 and the VFW Flag Fund is in need of help. If you would like to donate, make your check payable to the VFW Flag Fund. Call 574-946-6733 for more information.
• The Pulaski County Public Library is back open, but with limited capacity and browsing time. For the latest service status, visit www.pulaskicounty.lib.in.us or call 574-946-3432.
• Retire your flag with honor by bringing it to Rans Funeral Homes & Crematory, chapels in Royal Center, Kewanna and Logansport. Your flag will honor a veteran by being draped across them at the time of cremation.
• If your age group is open for receiving the COVID-19 vaccine but you are not comfortable registering yourself online, call the local information hotline at 574-946-2592 and help is available.
• Purdue Extension Pulaski County is offering a variety of classes, including basic or intermediate Excel, basic or intermediate Word, Publisher and more. Call 574-946-3412 to register or for more information.
• Winamac Nazarene Church Neighbor to Neighbor Compassionate Ministries food pantry is open, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. every Monday, at 514 E. 13th St., Winamac, west of the PMH ER entrance. Bring a box or laundry basket, wear a mask and wait in your vehicle. The phone number is 574-946-7637.
• Register your child to receive one free book a month from birth to their fifth birthday from Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library by signing up online at www.imaginationlibrary.com. Call the Pulaski County Public Library at 574-946-3432 with any questions. Want to help support at a local level? Mail your donation check to Arrowhead RC&D, PO Box 196, Winamac, IN 46996.
• The Community Baptist Youth Center is open every Monday at 3:30 p.m. at First Baptist Church, 716 S. Monticello St., Winamac, for teens to get together in a safe environment with friends for some fun.
• Contact the Pulaski County Health Department at 574-946-6080 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for information on receiving your free Narcan kit, while supplies last.
• Kewanna-Union Township Public Library has new lobby hours. Computer access and print services are available. New hours are Tuesday and Wednesday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m., Thursday 10 a.m.-8 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Free Wi-Fi is available 24/7.
• Find out if your child qualifies for the high-quality pre-K program On My Way Pre-K by calling 1-800-299-1627 or visiting www.onmywayprek.org.
• The Winamac Volunteer Fire Department is looking for volunteers to serve on the fire department. Applications can be picked up at the Winamac Town Hall, Clerk-Treasurer’s Office, 120 W. Main St., Winamac.
• Monterey Town Council meetings will be held the second Tuesday of each month at 7 p.m. at 7033 N. Walnut St., Monterey.
• For more information about Alcoholics Anonymous call 574-242-2262 or 574-946-0389 or for more information about Al-Anon call 574-242-1604 or 574-270-0129.
• If you have served active duty in the United States Armed Forces since Dec. 7, 1941, and have been honorably discharged or are still serving, you are eligible for membership in the American Legion. If interested, call 574-242-0836.
• The Pulaski County Drug Free Council meets the second Wednesday of each month at 4 p.m. at Bethel Bible Church, 6968 W. SR 14, Winamac. The public is encouraged to attend. For more information, visit www.facebook.com/pulaskidrugfree.
• The Cancer Support Group of Winamac meets the second Saturday of every month at the Isis Theatre in Winamac. Doors open at 9:30 a.m., meeting begins at 10 a.m. The group is free and open to anyone that has been affected by any cancer: current fighter, survivor, caregiver, family, friend. For more information, visit our Facebook page, email email@example.com or call or text 574-946-6966.
• REACT is looking for new volunteers. Meetings are held the first Monday of the month at the Pulaski Memorial Hospital boardroom at 7 p.m. For more information call Blake Newman at 574-242-0091 or Les Barton at 574-946-7539.
• The Friends of Tippecanoe River State Park group meets the second Tuesday of every month at 6:30 p.m. at the state park.
• North Central Indiana Quail Forever meets the first Tuesday of each month at Poblanos in Winamac from 7-8 p.m.
• The Pulaski County Soil and Water Conservation District meets on the second Tuesday of each month at 8 p.m. in the break room of the USDA Service Center.
What’s going on at the Kewanna-Union Township Public Library?
• Adult book club at 2 p.m. on the second Tuesday of the month.
• Library board meeting on the last Monday of each month at 6 p.m.
• Teens N Tweens at 4 p.m. on Tuesdays.
• Back to the Past with local historian Bob Clyde on the fourth Thursday of the month, 11 a.m.
• Homeschoolers at the library held every third Thursday at 2 p.m.
• Euchre Night every Thursday from 5:30-8 p.m.
• Second Saturday Coloring Circle at 1 p.m.
• Story time the last Saturday of the month beginning at 1 p.m.
• Game On on the fourth Tuesday of the month from 4-5 p.m.